1) First, break or cut off the woody ends of the asparagus, and wash them in cold water
2) Finely chop a red chilli - I always wear my kitchen gloves, because getting chilli under you nails, or anywhere else for that matter, can turn a spicy delight unpleasant...
3) Wash 5-6 fresh mint leaves, and snip these into small pieces with a pair of scissors. There is such a variety of mint available, so if you've got space for it in your garden, or a pot, it grows like a weed... And is a lovely flavour to add to lots of vegetables. My favourite is Applemint, which is growing like a weed in my garden.
4) Press the chilli, mint and seasoning into a knob of butter. The amount of butter (or spread, if you are feeling healthy) is down to you.
5) Here comes the magic..... Chuck all of the above into an oven/microwave steam-cooking bag, seal it and cook in the microwave for three minutes.
6) Give the bag a shake, cut open, and spill out the contents onto a plate. Accompanied by a chunky slice of buttered rustic bread, it makes for an easy, delicious light lunch. Or use the vegetable as a side dish. Either way, it is delicious! Enjoy!